Most Popular Tea Bags Contain ILLEGAL Amounts of Deadly Pesticides (avoid these brands at all costs)
Pesticide contains toxic which is bad for human health. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find a place that has not been touched by pesticide nowadays. The use of pesticide has been so common that not only agricultural field, it also use in many public places such as schools, parks, and buildings.
Since pesticide is basically a toxic substance that is meant to kill living things, it is fully advisable for us to avoid contact with pesticide. Buying organic fruits and vegetable or growing them at home are great choices. But if you can’t do that, then you have to wash the product before consuming them.
However, after all our attempts to avoid pesticides, these toxic seems to find a way to make contact with us. Recently, it’s been discovered that there’s a high level of pesticides inside some of the world’s most popular tea brands. Lipton, Tetley, and Twinings are some of them.
Pesticides in Major Brand Tea
CBC News conducted an investigation to see the level of pesticides from some big tea-producing companies. Companies included in the investigation are:
- Lipton (Yellow Label Back Tea and Pure Green Tea)
- King Cole
- Red Rose
- Uncle Lee’s Legend of China (Green Tea and Jasmine Green Tea)
- No Name
To test the remaining pesticide on the dry tea leaves, CBC investigator using an accredited lab and used the testing method utilize by the National Food Inspection Agency.
The result shows that there is a high level of pesticides residue which is above the legally acceptable limit in more than half of the teas tested. 80% of the samples contain more than one chemical. One brand even contains more than 22 different types of pesticides.
Several countries are currently in the process of banning endosulfan and monocrotophos, some of the pesticides found in the tea because of the health risk for workers that handle it and also due to environment issue.
Which One Is The Worst Brand?
The result shown that almost all of the tea brands contain pesticides residues. However, some brands really contain a high level of pesticides while some other still fall below the acceptable limit. The most preferred amount is zero pesticides, but some of the brands really got way beyond the acceptable amount that you surely need to be sure to avoid. Here are the list of the tea brands you should never touch:
- Uncle Lee’s Legends of China (Green Tea). This is the brand of tea that contains more than 20 different types of pesticides including endosulfan which is currently is the process of being banned in several countries. Endosulfan has some side effects including tremors and also some other nervous system effects. Eating foods that contain endosulfan can even leading to death in some cases.
- No Name. Not as much as Uncles Lee’s Legend Green Tea, but more than 10 different types of pesticides is still too high.
- King Cole. King Cole doesn’t contain a very high level of pesticides as the two brands above, but this tea has more variety of pesticides. Monocrotophos, the one that also in the process of being banned is inside this tea brand. This type of pesticide is known to cause involuntary defecation, irregular heartbeat, and can even induce comas.
In response to this discoveries, James O’Young, vice president of Uncle Lee’s Legend of China make a statement that all teas contain pesticides. O’Young said, “If you drink tea, regular tea, I don’t care what brand is that, the fact of life, this agricultural product does have pesticides.”
However, seems like his statement doesn’t have strong base since out of the 10 brands tested, there is one brand that completely free of pesticides, which is Red Rose. So it’s clear that O’Young were lying about his statement. Red Rose is the proof that it is possible to cultivate a free of pesticides tea.
The best thing we can do to support pesticide-free tea is by buying the product and avoid those brand that contain pesticide, especially the ones that contain high level of pesticides like Uncle Lee’s Legend and No Name brands.http://awaytohealthylife.com/popular-tea-bags-contain-illegal-amounts-deadly-pesticides-avoid-brands-costs/http://awaytohealthylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Most-Popular-Tea-Bags-Contain-ILLEGAL-Amounts-Of-Deadly-Pesticides-avoid-these-brands-at-all-costs-.jpghttp://awaytohealthylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Most-Popular-Tea-Bags-Contain-ILLEGAL-Amounts-Of-Deadly-Pesticides-avoid-these-brands-at-all-costs--150x150.jpgGeneral