9 EXERCISES TO BURN ABDOMINAL FAT IN 14 DAYS
We all want to get rid of that excess belly fat. Thus, follow these exercises and prepare yourselves for the upcoming summer.
These moves are for beginners:
- Butterfly crunch – lie on your back and put the soles of your feet together very close to your body. The knees should be bent out to sides. Your hands should be placed behind your head and keep your back flat on the floor, while the stomach muscles are contracted. Exhale and curl your chest about a couple of inches off of the floor towards your legs. Repeat the exercise for 10 times.
- Side to side – with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, lie on your back and put your arms at your sides. Exhale and contract the abs as you slide your right hand toward your right foot. Your neck and head have to remain aligned, while your lower back pressed to the floor. Return in the starting position and then switch sides, repeating the exercise for 15 times.
- Front plank – start on your knees and hands and keep your back and abs contracted. Start dropping down to your forearms while extending the legs out behind so that you rest on the balls of your feet. Keep your back straight, hips up, and your neck relaxed. Hold in this position for 3 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Moves for intermediate levels:
- Fingers to toes – lie on your back and start extending towards the ceiling. Put your arms down by your sides and start exhaling while contracting your abs. at the same time crunch up from your waist and extend the hands towards your toes. Be sure that your back remains flat on the floor. Do 2 sets with 15 reps each.
- Scissors – lie on your back and put your fingers behind your head, while keeping the abs tight. Start raising your left knee and touch it to your right elbow. Then return to the starting position and then raise your right knee, touching your left elbow. Do 15 reps switching legs in continuous motion, keeping the abdominals engaged and your hands relaxed so that you don’t pull on your neck. Do 2 sets.
- Reverse crunch with resistance bands – lie on the ground with your back and bend your knees. Put your arms by your sides and hold one end of a band in each hand while your hand is wrapped around the tops of shins. Raise your knees toward your chest until the hips leave the floor, holding for 3 seconds. Then lower to the starting position. Do 10 reps in 2 sets.
Exercises for advanced level:
- Knees up – brace yourselves between the backrests of 2 sturdy chairs and keep your elbows slightly bent, your shoulders down, your neck relaxed, and head and chest lifted. Keep the abs tight, exhale and bring your knees to your chest very slowly. Make sure you don’t swing back and forth. If in case your form falters, then raise one knee at a time. Do 3 sets with 15 reps.
- Leg swings – lie on your back along with your arms being out to the sides and your legs and feet pointing up. Exhale and draw navel in toward your spine while your legs are lowered to left side about 5 inches from the floor. Return in the starting position and then repeat the same moves on the right side. Keep switching the sides for a total of 15 reps in 3 sets.
- Ball leg lift – lie with your face down and roll forward until your hands are on the floor while the tops of your feet are flat on the ball. Keep your back as well as your right leg straight and then start lifting your leg couple of inches towards the ceiling, but slowly. Hold like that for 3 seconds and then lower. Do 10 reps and switch legs.
Do these exercises as long as you can to maintain a perfect form.